The Emotion, Culture, & Psychophysiology Laboratory is an active research and teaching laboratory in the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences and the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Arizona State University.
Questions we address through our research include:
- What is an “adaptive” emotional response?
- What compels us to be more emotionally reactive at one moment over another?
- Why are our emotions so difficult to control?
- What are the consequences of suppressing our emotions?
- “Stresses” on the emotion system
- Intersections of culture and emotion
Nicole A. Roberts, Ph.D., Associate Professor
4701 W. Thunderbird Road, MC 3051 Glendale, AZ 85306
Office: (602) 543-3911
Fax: (602) 543-6004